Easy, strong and durable designs from polycarbonate succeed constructions from the fragile glass. The aryl or polyethylene is not able to compete with this material. So you decided to buy the greenhouse that made from this material. And now, when the new greenhouse is bought and delivered to the site the new question arises. How to assembly this construction?
Before building the greenhouse of polycarbonate, choose the space for its installation; assembly is carried out near such place. Otherwise, it is necessary to transport a bulky framework through all bushes and beds.
Special devices for assembly would not be required. In any box with the home tool, there will be an office cutting torch and the screw-driver. And if you take the cutting machine and the screw gun, the process will accelerate several times. For bolted fastenings try a wrench. Shovels will be needed a bayonet and square-point. Expose the correct horizontal position of a design on a level. The marker, roulette, the hammer, flat-nose pliers, pegs and a step-ladder will be useful for a marking. Speaking about a step-ladder. If you do not have one then it shall be a primary problem. Do not start the process without it; otherwise, you will face unexpected problems.
It is desirable to choose specialized accessories. Self-tapping screws shall be with sealing washers.
Depending on the model assembly can differ in details, but all process consists of standard stages:
- Alignment of a site and lying down of the base. The simplified option – installation on the soil.
- Sorting of details, completeness check.
- Assembly of arcs, doors, and window leaves.
- Cutting of polycarbonate on end faces.
- Assembly of the tunnel. Diagrams can vary, but it is necessary always begin with edge arcs, then to pass to a longitudinal bearing, then – to remaining arcs, to fix in conclusion stiffening ribs.
- Installation of doors and window leaves.
- Polycarbonate mounting – at first on end faces, and then on the tunnel.
- Insulation of cells from dust hit.
Operations carry out on a windless day since polycarbonate has small weight and big windage. Optimum temperature – plus of 10-15 degrees, further it will allow minimizing thermal extension.
Competently mounted greenhouse will serve decades. The harvest will be reliably protected from frosts, a hail and other “surprises” of our climate.
Recommendation to owners of arch designs: before leaving giving for the winter, establish additional props under arches even if the producer assures that the greenhouse will sustain any snowfall.